DFID/EARF Social Norms and Corruption
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corruption in Malawi and social norms

Go down

Corruption in Malawi and social norms Empty Corruption in Malawi and social norms

Post by cbaezcam Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Dear all,

I just finished reading a very good article on corruption in Malawi and thought I would share it. You can find it in the shared drive sub folder literature, where I created a new sub folder called "Recommended from Claudia".

I found this article related very well to our discussions during our meeting, but adds an additional layer: the author identifies the contradicting sets of rules and norms governing the public sector on the one hand and the series of responsibilities, rights and obligations stemming from the informal social networks based on kinship, friendship etc. However he also identifies a third set of norms: namely one that operates within the bureaucracy, where civil servants act on the basis on unwritten but widely acknowledged rules of what is permissible to allow of co-workers but also to ask for themselves in terms of selective application of the laws.

Look forward to hear what you think!
cbaezcam
cbaezcam

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum